The UNICEF has always helped people who were in need and distressed condition. Their operations are all over the world. The plan of UNICEF in making lives in Iraq better is in line with the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) of 2018. They have various programs to deal with each of the problems that the country is facing.
The WASH program is ensuring access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation. The Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) and the World Food Programme (WFP) are working on the education and food sector. The UNFPA is taking care of the health sector. Here are some of their plans.
- They will try to reach the people in need no matter where they are located. RRM will provide help to families that are on the move. They will be taken to different communities where they will be able to meet their basic needs.
- The people will be given access to safe water, sanitation. The hygiene awareness will be raised by setting up camps and educating the people.
- Proper immunization will be provided to children under the age of 5. The healthcare of these children is one of the priorities of UNICEF.
- Children will be given access to quality education. They will be given sustained psychological support. E-Learning services will help the out-of-school children to get education. They will also provide protection services to the children in need.
- UNICEF will work with the government partners and non-government organizations so that long-term recovery plan can be set and implemented.
- Child rights issues will be monitored and verified through Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism. This will help them to get better access to their needs.
- This year UNICEF has requested the US $ 101,151,160 as part of their Iraq recovery plan. With this money, they plan to improve the sanitation facility, education system, healthcare, and protection system of Iraq.
- Provide child-focused cash assistance so that the basic needs of the parents and caregivers are met. The parents will then feel encouraged to send their children to schools.
If the adequate fund is not received that it will be impossible to fulfill their plan. They need the fund to extend their WASH services, improve sanitation, buy resources for education, etc. Children should be given childhood vaccinations to protect them from diseases. Last year UNICEF has achieved some good results. They were able to reach a considerable number of displaced families and provide them with the basic needs. This year they expect to reach more families and improve their living conditions. UNICEF is showing hope to these distressed people in Iraq and they can now dream of a better future.